If you are looking for ways to earn extra money with side hustle in Nigeria, you are definitely in the right place. You have probably come across so many articles with a thousand and one strategies – both achievable and non-achievable. Well, here is the deal, you need to choose a legitimate business that fits your skills and the resources you have at hand if not, the business will not fly.  

On this note, let us checkout 10 side hustles you can easily pull off while working a 8am -5pm job in Nigeria.

Uberpreneur

If you live in Lagos, Abuja, Benin or any state that features Uber and have a car or access to a car you can drive at will, then, you can make extra cash driving for Uber. The Uber driver’s App matches you with people close to you in need of a taxi. You offer a taxi service to the person in need and you get paid for it. Uber takes a 25% fee and the remaining 75% is all yours. With Uber there is no designated time to work; you can offer your taxi services anytime you feel like.

Copywriting/Editing

The demand for copywriters/editors right now is at an all-time high. If you are good in content writing, you can offer your services to a lot of brands, companies, individuals from anywhere in the world. A platform like ubuy.ng gives you great visibility to your audience.

Web Design and Maintenance

This is the kind of skill we will like to call ‘Hottest cake in town’. If you have web design skills, you can easily make up to N300k with on the job. Isn’t that amazing. Web design is now gaining more attention in Nigeria today because businesses are now realizing how important it is to build an online presence. This is a great technical skill you can render as a side hustle and, eventually, turn into a serious full-time job.

Makeup and Gele Tying

It is amazing how this skill has turned into a gold mine lately. If you offer professional make-up and gele tying services you can be making really good money every other Saturday. Nigeria being the upbeat country it is, there is always ‘Owambe’ almost every day especially the weekends.

Photography

Photography is a great side hustle, especially here in Nigeria. Just as we earlier mentioned, there is an event every other day and this tells you how often the services of a photographer is needed. If you are good at taking pictures, you can get a camera invest in a few online photography courses and start building your client list from ubuy.ng

Drop Shipping

Ever heard the term Drop Shipping? This is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, it purchases the product from a third party and it is shipped directly to the customer. This is an awesome way of making money when you don’t have the time to invest in a business. All you need is the internet. You don’t need a physical store, products in stock or need to worry about logistics.

Social Media Management

This is a skill on high demand in these recent times.  Almost every brand is looking to build a great social media presence and would pay quite well for it. With be a social media manager, you can turn your passé temp into a money-making machine. All you need is an internet-enabled device, Data and you are good to go. To find social media jobs, you can start by signing up your services on ubuy.ng to get possible gigs

Blogging

With the coming of online advertising, being a blogger now pays big time. With blogging, all you need to do is build your audience and top brands will come knocking at your site. You can also sign up for Google Adsense and google pay you to put ads on your blog.

Tutoring

Parents are always on the look for private home tutors to coach their children after school hours. You can sign up on platforms like ubuy.ng to land private coaching gigs close to you that you could easily handle every day after work hours.

Interior Decoration

You would be surprised at the number of people that are ready to hire someone to help them decorate their home or office, and that’s especially true of those who want a magazine-caliber style yet don’t have an eye for design at all.

Author

Crazy things about Sagittarius ladies are - They are night crawlers, Rebels at heart, Top-of-the-lung singers, Good side kicks....I know, this should have nothing to do with my bio at this point but just because I love writing and I can write...lol. Amara Cajetan is the Lead, Digital Marketer at ubuy.ng and a Copywriter. She is also a lifestyle blogger.

WE NEED MORE PROFESSIONALS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS.

Get paid providing your services to customers looking for professionals like you for their tasks on Ubuy Services marketplace all around nigeria. 

Register as a professional